1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups butter
3 cups white sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
3. Add eggs two at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix in. Add vanilla.
4. Pour into a 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 1 hour and 20minutes. Check for doneness at 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into center of cake will come out clean.
5. Cut the cake into two parts (upper and lower), apply strawberry topping in between then put them back together.